Two Dogs on a Trike
Count up to 10 and back down again in this picture book starring 10 traveling dogs and one very tenacious cat!
One by one, each dog escapes its yard and joins the adventure in this hilarious counting story. Vehicle-obsessed readers will love seeing all the modes of transportation that the pups use—until the family cat decides to round them all up to go back home.
By Gabi Snyder, Illustrated by Robin Rosenthal
Abrams Appleseed, May 19, 2020
★STARRED KIRKUS REVIEW★ “Snyder’s spare, snappy rhymes give Rosenthal all the fuel needed to hilariously execute eye-popping images of raucous canine chaos. From a guitar-playing dachshund in a cone of shame to a boat-driving pug, this tongue-lolling wild bunch can really get it on. This fur-raising one-to-10-and-back-again counting book perfectly captures the rollicking, manic joy of dogs off the leash.”
- 31 Day, 31 Lists: 2020 Math Books for Kids, from Fuse 8: http://blogs.slj.com/afuse8production/2020/12/09/31-days-31-lists-2020-math-books-for-kids/
- 2020 Nerdy Book Award winner: https://nerdybookclub.wordpress.com/2020/12/26/the-2020-nerdies-fiction-picture-books-announced-by-john-schu/
- Kirkus Best of 2020 list: https://www.kirkusreviews.com/news-and-features/articles/best-of-2020-our-favorite-picture-books-column/
The board book edition of TWO DOGS ON A TRIKE is out now!
LISTEN – out now!
In the tradition of Tomie dePaola’s Quiet and Scott Magoon’s Breathe comes this lyrical, meditative picture book about listening and mindfulness.
Isn’t the world a noisy place?
But what if you
stop, close your eyes,
Can you hear each sound?
Can you listen past the noise
and hear the quiet, too?
Beautifully illustrated and poignant, this lovely picture book follows a girl through her school day as she listens to sounds across the city: caws of crows, shouts across the playground, and finally, the quiet beating of her heart and whispered goodnights.
★STARRED KIRKUS REVIEW★ “This book makes a memorable experience.”
- Today.com Best Gifts for 5-Year-Olds: https://www.today.com/shop/best-gifts-5-year-olds-our-2017-holiday-gift-guide-t118882
- Featured on The Children’s Bookshelf public radio show: https://radio.wcmu.org/show/the-childrens-bookshelf/2021-08-02/the-childrens-bookshelf-listen
- 2022 Oregon Book Award Finalist: https://literary-arts.org/2022/03/announcing-the-2022-oregon-book-awards-finalists/
- A Bank Street Best Children’s Book of the Year (2022 edition) in the under 5 category: https://www.bankstreet.edu/library/center-for-childrens-literature/childrens-book-committee/best-childrens-books-of-the-year/edition/
count on us – out now!
Learn how a movement builds from one person to a billion in this A to Z environmental activism book. Readers count from 1 to 10 – and then in larger increments to a billion – as they learn new terms from “conservation” to “activism.” Inset boxes provide easy-to-understand definitions of additional new vocabulary words.
- Hot Off the Press Reading List, Children’s Book Council, 2022
“A call to eco-action based on the power of numbers . . . Young readers marching in step will meet Greta Thunberg and other iconic environmentalists and glimpse multiple ways of participating in the movement” – Kirkus Reviews
“Combining the standard concepts of counting and the alphabet with newer ones of activism and climate change puts a fresh twist on both” – School Library Journal
Illustrated by Sarah Walsh and from Barefoot Books, this beauty hit shelves on September 20, 2022! Available NOW!